Pain is a debilitating medical circumstance that can have an extensive impact on an individuals physical and mental welfare. At medilives we aim to improve pain relief management and provide maximal reduction in the associated anxiety, stress and depression through comprehension and discernment of each individuals needs. We develop an individualized care plan that of which is customized to your situation and level of pain and your personal needs. We use innovative biomedical equipment, mind-body techniques, lifestyle changes and further non-invasive therapies to provide optimal relief from pain. The most common types of pain that we manage are the following:
- Acute Pain- that is generally short in duration , in can last from a few minutes to several months. Usually its related to a temporary illness, soft tissue injury which subsides when illness dissipates or injury heals.
- Chronic Pain- is generally longer in duration. It can be constant or at times sporadic in nature. Headaches can be considered chronic pain if the last over months or years even if the pain is only present intermittently.
- Neuropathic Pain- Neuropathic pain is due to damage to the nerves or other parts of the nervous system. Symptoms include shooting, stabbing, or burning pain, it may also give off a pins and needles sensation.
- Nociceptive Pain- Nociceptive pain is a type of pain caused by damage to body tissue. It is a sharp, achy, or throbbing pain. It’s often caused by an external injury such as when one twists their ankle. It can be both acute and chronic.
- Radicular Pain- is a very specific type of pain which can occur when the spinal nerve gets compressed or inflamed. It’s commonly known as sciatica due to the fact that the pain is caused because the sciatic nerve is affected.