Medilives excels in providing treatment and management for Eye and Vision. Vision is one of the most important senses of the human body. Those who experience difficulty with vision can experience disruption in their daily activities. Our Eye and Vision team use superlative equipment, therapeutic treatments and a holistic approach in caring for individuals experiencing Vision difficulties. Below list displays a number of eye conditions and disorders we provide care for:
- Glaucoma- optic nerve, which connects the eye to the brain, becomes damaged. It’s usually caused by fluid building up in the front part of the eye, which increases pressure inside the eye.
- Cataract- a foggy section in the lens of the eye that leads to diminished vision.
- Dry Eyes- when ones eyes do not produce enough tears
- Diabetic Retinopathy- a diabetic complication caused by high blood sugar levels which damage the retina.
- Macular Degeneration- eye disease in which macula (small middle part of retina) wears down.
- Eye Infection Treatment- Conjunctivitis/pink eye, keratitis (infected cornea), endophthalmitis (bacterial/fungal infection ), blepharitis (eye lid infection ), Sty, eyelid cellulitis(eye tissue infection) and uveitis-(eye inflammation which effects the central layer of tissue in the eye wall (uvea).
- Excessive Tearing (tear duct blockage)
- Eye Examinations – vital to maintaining optimal eye health